Call for Poster Abstracts
National Nursing Ethics Conference
Wednesday, March 7 - Friday, March 9, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Please consider submitting a poster abstract for review to present at the National Nursing Ethics Conference. The Ethics of Caring is proud to host the fifth National Nursing Ethics Conference in Los Angeles, CA, Wednesday, March 7 - Friday, March 9, 2018.
The conference theme is Reimagining Nursing from the Inside Out - An Invitation to Reflect, Celebrate, Re-Imagine, and Transform.
Calling all nurses and our colleagues. In our heart of hearts, we chose to work in healthcare professions quite literally to make the world a better place by helping those in need. We have all experienced the deep sense of fulfillment and joy that accompanies our being present, in competent and compassionate ways, at the most vulnerable times for our patients and their families. Many are finding it increasingly difficult to renew our energies for healing as we meet the dynamic and complex challenges of healthcare today.
Join national nursing ethics leaders as we reflect on and celebrate the best of nursing's historical commitment to the sick, suffering, and dying and reimagine the power of 21st century nursing unleashed in our troubled world. Think about these two days as an ethics retreat. We won't be handing out magic wands, but we can promise you precious time to reflect on our personal and collective commitments and to strategize about how best to create a positive future for nursing and the communities we serve. The journey begins with each of us.
Poster submission categories include:
- Empirical research relative to ethics and nursing practice
- Ethics education
- Ethics and professionalism in clinical practice
- Evidence-based practice relevant to ethics and nursing practice
- Promoting ethical practice in nursing care
- Describe the essence of professional nursing and contemporary challenges to competent, compassionate, ethical practice
- Envision a personal and collective future for nursing practice that will stretch us to transform our practices, moral spaces, and work environment - Do I, do we, need to change and if yes, in what ways?
- Newly value our obligation and capacity to care and to heal
- Describe practical strategies to address challenging work environments and other sources of fatigue, burnout, and moral distress
- Describe actions steps and/or leadership strategies to transform our practices, work environments and communities.